U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Sensitive to arbs and allergic to ace inhibitors, what drug should i take to control my blood pressure?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 46 years experience
diuretic: Start with a diuretic. Hydrochlorothiazide (hctz) is cheap, effective, and well tolerated. Depending on the severity of your hbp, you may require more than 1 drug. Avoid salt and attain/maintain normal weight if you can.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.