U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old male asked:

Why do i get big flakes of skin that peel off on the cheek near the sides of my nose and on my chin?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology 39 years experience
Seborrhea: Scaling and redness around the nose , and other areas of the face can be seborrheic dermatitis. A common treatment is low dose topical corticosteroids such as 0.5-1% cortizone (hydrocortisone) cream.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 8, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.