U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

is there a plastic surgery for making your breast smaller?

4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Emily Ridgway
Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
Breast reduction: This is one of the most common surgeries we do. It can be done with liposuction or with excision. Contact your local plastic surgeon.
Dr. Som Kohanzadeh
Plastic Surgery 17 years experience
Yes, breast reductio: This is 1 of the most common plastic surgery procedures, known as breast reduction or reduction mammaplasty. Often covered by insurance comp if the right criteria are met. These depend on insurance company, but some criteria include neck, back and shoulder pain from excessive breast tissue including shoulder grooving from bras. Also more than 500g of excess breast tissue. Consult a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery 39 years experience
See Plastic surgeon: Making breasts smaller can be carried out by plastic surgeons who specialize in breast surgery.During consultation they will assess how best to address this issue for you.They will discuss the risks, benefits ; limitations at length ; measure your chest ; breasts in sitting position. You will likely have a baseline mammogram prior to the surgery.You will wear a support bra for a few weeks.
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
Yes, breast reduction can be done with surgery and or liposuction. Seek the consultation of a board certified Plastic Surgeon. www.plasticsurgery.org
Oct 15, 2013
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery 36 years experience
Breast Reduction: Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman’s breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. For more info: http://www.pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/breast-procedures-newport-beach/reduction/

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 30-year-old member asked:

What can be done for an anal fissure after two operation of anal dilatation?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Buck Parker
General Surgery 17 years experience
Sphincterotomy: After less invasive approaches fail (such as dilation and medication), a lateral sphincterotomy (cutting of the internal anal sphincter) can be performed to help heal the fissure.
A 38-year-old member asked:

What are longterm complications and side effects of a breast augmentation?

9 doctor answers15 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Short answer is poor: There are many things you need to be aware of, and much of the literature or media-fueled "information" is based on a broad cross-section of surgeons (not all abps-certified plastic surgeons experienced in breast augmentation surgery). For more information you can go to http://www.Realself.Com/article/dr-tholens-comprehensive-guide-breast-augmentation.
Dr. Greg Sexton
Dr. Greg Sexton commented
Plastic Surgery 39 years experience
WWW.plasticsurgery.org is an excellent resource site for all types of cosmetic surgery
Aug 17, 2012
A member asked:

I am taking 60 mg phenobarbital daily after my skull tumor operation in 1995. What precautions should I take for my daily routine?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
Ask yourself why: Was it a skull tumor or brain tumor? Why was the drug started in the 1st place? For seizure prevention? Have you ever had a seizure? Do you still need it? If you still need a seizure med, why phenobarbital? That's a bad drug for adults: bad for your bones, not great for your liver either. Go see a neurologist and ask him/her to reassess everything.
A 37-year-old member asked:

Should I be concerned about a hard pea-sized lump in my nipple off to the side?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Cardiology 38 years experience
Mammogram please: Needs further evaluation. See your family doc and have a mammogram 1st.
A 44-year-old member asked:

What's the correct projection and position for a posteroanterior erect chest radiograph?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maureranswered
Internal Medicine 23 years experience
90: Sitting upright at 90 degrees. Machine parallel or slightly upward to the plain of the floor.

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked about a 20-year-old female:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Dec 28, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.