can i take motrin and tessalon perles (benzonatate) together?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Motrin ; Tessalon: Hello, it is ok to take these two medications together.

If a mother is allergic to mortin, does that mean their child/children can not have it also?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Not Exactly: What is passed genetically from parent to child is the propensity to develop atopy (such as eczema, asthma, allergic rhinitis, food allergies) but usually not sensitization to specific allergens which the parent is allergic to. The exception, which is a controversial topic, is drug allergies, but this is usually dependent on metabolism of the drug which is inherited rather than the allergy.

Can there be any negative effects if you chop up those orange motrin pills and mix with water then take it?

Dr. Ron Jones
Don't: Medication has a "coating" for a reason. Concerning otc or prescriptive medication, unless the directions say "chew" you should not chew or crush any medication. Always take your medication as directed by your doctor or label.
FL

I only have one kidney can I take ibeprophen?

Dr. Cynthia Lubinsky
Probably: Because Ibuprofen is metabolized through the kidney it is good to be cautious with this medication. The important thing to know is that the 1 kidney is functioning well. This is done with blood testing periodically. In most cases with 1 kidney it is okay to take and occasional ibuprofen, however, you should check with your doctor about this as they would know more about your situation.

I just fell and hit my head, what do I do? Motrin? Ice pack?

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Head trauma: Better seek medical evaluation. Sometimes internal bleed can take more than a few days to start getting symptoms.

I'm taking levaquin (levofloxacin) and tessalon perles------is all this needed?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Depends on…: …what's being treated; if it's a respiratory tract infection (e.g. Acute exacerbation of copd) with a cough & you're getting better, they are enough. If you're getting worse, you need to be re-evaluated for additional treatment. If you're a smoker, giving that up will benefit you even more in the long run.

Last updated Aug 5, 2018