GA

What is the best and safest medication for a child with ocd to take in conjunction with therapy?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Varies with child: There is no one "best" medication for a child with ocd to take. There are several possible ones, allowing for some individualization of treatment. Selection depends on results of a comprehensive evaluation including family history and other health problems the child may have, plus other medications s/he might be taking.
Dr. Nela Cordero
OCD: Is not common in a child. Adults gets treated if it interferes withdaily activities. Let the psych. Md take care of the obsessive compulsive behavior.
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
child psychiatrist: The choice of medication treatment is based on a thorough evaluation of the child, along with a detailed family history, medical history, and many other factors, including the age of the child. There are many medications that work well, although not all have fda approval in children. In my practice, I have found excellent results with clomipramine, fluvoxamine, and s-citalopram.

Last updated Oct 15, 2013