Philippines
A 39-year-old female asked about a 39-year-old female:

This morning my dog taking a bath, accidentally water get inside my eyes while dog shake their body to get wet, is it dangerous?

Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine 35 years experience
No. Don't worry: The eye is equipped with an excellent immune system to fight germs. A good example is swimming in a pond or lake where lots of organisms live. In addition, unless your dog has an active infection on its skin, the newly bathe dog will not have any germs that will be hatful to you or your eyes. The soap is most likely to irritate you more than the water on the dog itself. Great question, .

Last updated Jul 18, 2015