U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked about a 28-year-old female:

How do i end my never ending obsession with my ex?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
If you are stuck,: Therapy may help you to work through and past this. Take care.
Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Many factors: The answer depends on many things. Who decided to break it off? How long ago? Why? Probably many other things to consider. If you decided to break up, recall why u made that decision. If yr partner broke it off, recall what reason was given. If u were treated badly, why would u want to be w/ someone who treats u that way? All these are pure conjecture, and again it all depends on your specifics.
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Adam Front commented
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Provided original answer
Therapy may be key in helping you figure this out, as Dr. Fowler suggests.
Oct 5, 2013

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
How can I stop my obsession over a male celebrity?
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
What to do if I am going through obsessions help me!?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Where does her obsession of turning off lights come from?
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
I have an obsession with wet sponges. How do I stop this?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
Is there a term for people who have an obsession with death?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 31, 2021

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.