what level of liver recovery can i expect with treatment?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Depends: Iy depends on what you have and the punt of damage but the liver is an organ that can repair itself!
Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 39 years experience
Depends: The liver is a very vigorous organ, it has the reparative properties to regenerate after injury. But it depends on the nature of the injury and the chronicity of injury. When the liver becomes cirrhotic, i.e. Extensive scarring, recovery of normal liver function is markedly reduced. But it always pays to try to treat or eliminate the noxious injury to the liver in hopes of partial or full recov.