head cold, sneezing and itchy throat are hiv symptoms?

Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
No: These are symptoms of the common cold.

I am 4 weeks pregnant and because of the high pollen my throat is very sore. What can I take to soothe my throat?

Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
Sore throat lozenges: Congrats on your pregnancy! believe it or not, pregnancy and OTC (over the counter) meds are not mutually exclusive -- 9 months is a long time to go without a headache tablet or an allergy medication! many OTC meds are safe in pregnancy but make sure to check with your ob/gyn. For now, many of the names you know -- cepacol, chloraseptic, hall's, and ricola are fine.

What can be done for head and neck pain from arthritis in the cervical spine?

Dr. Nabil Moufarrej
Sleep Medicine 44 years experience
Neck pain: This needs to be checked to assess the severity if no significant pathology anti inflammatory meds and muscle relaxants may help as will exercise and pt.
Gulf Shores, AL

I had a nerve block in my neck during and after shoulder surgery it was causing ringing in the ears so I discontinued it the ringing has never stopped what can I do?

Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Tinnitus: Tinnitus is not a disease, but a condition that can result from a wide range of underlying causes. Sometimes spontaneous, Aspirin toxicity or in your case, possibly related to your surgery and something as simple as a potassium imbalance. This explains the many home remedies you . It might be best to consult with an ENT for a complete workup as this may or may not have been related to your surgery.
New York, NY

I'm on vacation in orlando and I seem to have prickly heat rash all over my body. It's very itchy and irritating. I bought gold bond powder but it doesn't seem to be working. What else can I do?

Dr. Francine Mosley
General Practice 20 years experience
Try over-the-counter: Hydrocortisone cream, but if that doesn't work either, give in and see a doc for diagnosis of what kind of rash: do you need a stronger steroid rash or an anti-fungal? A doc'll have to check out the rash to see.
New York, NY

Burning sensation, itch, soreness started 2 hours after pap smear done 2 days ago. No allergy to KY jelly used. No infection prior. Cause?

Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Allergy: May be allergy to gloves used ( i.E latex).See your doctor if persists. It may also be a new infection (yeast).

Last updated Sep 28, 2013