U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

When I sneeze my lower abdomen hurts

A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Internal Medicine 18 years experience
Sprain: Could be simple muscle sprain, could be many other things including hernia.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Haider Goussous
Addiction Medicine 64 years experience
Muscular pain: Most of the time this is muscular pain from the sudden contraction of your abdominal muscles.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Harold Kim
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
No: But, if you have pulled a muscle in lower abdomen or muscles attached to your ribs, these will suddenly contract with a sneeze causing pain. So, after... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Howard Hack
Gastroenterology 34 years experience
See your doctor: There is not enough information here to make any helpful recommendations other than to review this in detail with your physician.
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mark Dickson
General Surgery 24 years experience
Muscle strain?: Probably just a muscle strain. But why the colonoscopy and EGD at age 20? If the pain worsens, you need to see your doctor.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laura Anissian
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Hernia?: Do you have any protrustions like a hernia? When you sneeze the intraabdominal pressure increases and can cause a hernia to protrude. Rolling over in ... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
See general surgeon: Not my area of expertise but sounds like it could be symptoms from a hernia. See a general surgeon.
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Most likely a : pulled muscle i would continue to observe and if it persists give the surgeon a call for a follow up exam
A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
? hernia: or some other problem, you may want to see your doctor for initial assessment and may need a surgeon's input, good luck
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jenniffier Mahand
Family Medicine 13 years experience
Consider hernia: Can't diagnose simply from description, but often times hernias (where the bowel pokes through the normal muscle) can occur in the area you described,... Read More