Top answers from doctors based on your search:

what should i do about my hair loss after having my ovaries removed at age 35

A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mike Bowman
18 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Lab test or meds : A thorough workup with your primary doctor or an endocrinologist may reveal a hormone deficiency which can be corrected. If that does not help, you mi ... Read More
4 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Hair Loss: Yes, having your ovaries removed can cause hair loss. Hormonal therapy is usually effective for this type of hair loss.
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Shelly Friedman
38 years experience Dermatology
Yes: Ovaries produce estrogen. A loss of ovaries result in a marked drop of estrogen which is needed for hair growth.
2 thanks
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Unlikely: There are no hair vitamins even though some people market biotin as a hair vitamin. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of wate ... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
It will improve: If this is related to the implanon, it will improve over the next few weeks/months. Check with your doctor to make sure there is not another reason. ... Read More
5 thanks
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience Ophthalmology
Normal sequence: Eyelashes grow on a cycle that is irregular so that some are growing, some fully grown and some falling out on a roughly 3 month cycle. So if you pay ... Read More
1 thank
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stefan Hariskov
14 years experience Anesthesiology
Contact a physician: Please contact a physician. There are couple of medications, one over the counter which effectively treat hair loss. Your doctor need to determine the ... Read More
1 thank
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Lester Thompson
32 years experience Pathology
May not be related: I am not sure what you mean by "double thyroid cancer" unless you mean tumors in both lobes? Papillary carcinoma is the most common type. But, you sho ... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
28 years experience Emergency Medicine
Estrogen: Hormone replacement is suggested since it is memory, bone and cardiac protective. I only prescribe bio-identical hormones and only use transdermal. ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jane Van Dis
17 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dermoids: I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sadly, there's not much you can do to prevent dermoids from forming. Definitely shouldn't remove ovaries as t ... Read More
3 thanks
A 54-year-old female asked:
Dr. Liawaty Ho
22 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Absolutely: you need to go to see your gynecologist. the size is significant, you will need further evaluation to make sure it is not cancerous. you need to discu ... Read More
3 thanks
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gerard Honore
28 years experience Fertility Medicine
You may have PCOS: but you'd need further evaluation (ultrasound, blood work) to make the diagnosis. I am more worried about missing 6 months of period: this is a risk f ... Read More
1 thank
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Walter Futterweit
63 years experience Endocrinology
?PCOS: You may have PCOS or other male type hormone excess. See endocrinologist for diagnosis, Ultrasound of pelvis and hormonal studies
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jane Van Dis
17 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Testosterone: Pcos can be associated with elevated testosterone levels. This can mean unwanted hair is placed like between the breasts, on the breasts, the chin an ... Read More
6 thanks
A female asked:
Dr. Brad Douglas
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: If laparoscopic surgery wait about 1 to 2 weeks if open surgery wait a month
A male asked:
Dr. answered
Specializes in
Not a problem: Should not be an issue. If you are very concerned or trying to get pregnant you can ask your doctor to get a sperm count.
1 thank
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Depends on cause...: One's primary care doctor can check for medical causes. If none are found, then one can see a dermatologist, especially one specializing in hair resto ... Read More
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Thomas Riney
36 years experience Pediatrics
Don't worry: First your testicles will enlarge, then your penis will grow.
1 thank
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Giannone
24 years experience Internal Medicine
Hair analysis.: If the relevant blood testing was unrevealing, then the next step would be a hair analysis. Your doctor can order testing on your hair for its minera ... Read More
A 59-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
22 years experience Family Medicine
Age 51-52: The current average age of menopause is around 51-52 years old, which mean about half having before this age and half having after...Many goes into th ... Read More
1 comment
1 thank
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
May be a problem: Regular pubertal onset gynecomastia usually fades within the first year.Persistence after 3 years is likely to improve only with surgery. I would chec ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Robert Sterling
44 years experience Emergency Medicine
Off With Your Head!!: People who were starved in concentration camps lost their hair too. Marie Antoinette's hair turned grey almost overnight and started falling-out but h ... Read More
1 thank
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
56 years experience Family Medicine
See your MD or Derma: You will grow out of it but meanwhile get it treated properly by a dematologist or your family physician so that you dont get acne scars which can be ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits