U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What causes roaring in ears

A 69-year-old member asked:
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 44 years experience
Turbulent flow: More than likely you are hearing your external carotid artery. Flow in this artery often causesa roaring in the ear on the affected side. On ocassio... Read More
Dr. Gregory Boger
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 26 years experience
Many things: There are a number of conditions that might cause symptoms like that. It could be conducted noise from the large vessels in your neck or head. It coul... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Lewis
52 years experience
Nerve problem: May be due to a problem with the hearing nerve and need to see an otolaryngologist.
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Levine
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 41 years experience
Ear: Ear pain is often a sign of inflammation. The loud roaring sound is known as "tinnitus", and is the normal ear's response to a sudden change in heari... Read More
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Need to be seen: Any time patients complain of "terrible pain" it should be check out, no matter where it is in the body. There are multiple causes for ear pain and he... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Kirschenbaum
40 years experience
Yes.: You can actually hear the pulsation of the blood flowing through the aneurysm.
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
It is unllikely: that the noise from an automobile horn could have done anything more than scare your boy!! Discuss his symptoms with your Family physician or the boy'... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Devin
Dentistry 48 years experience
Roaring earache.: A roaring sound and pain in your ear needs immediate evaluation. Do not delay. It will not go away on its' own and will become worse.
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
This ca not be diagnosed without a thorough exam pl see an ENT doc. Good luck
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Family Medicine 61 years experience
Ear sounds: This symptom is usually caused by an inner ear problem. Best to see an ENT specialist to check you out.
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Check out this link: Unfortunately, there's no cure for tinnitus. However, fortunately it's not a fatal condition. Consider seeing an ENT specialist esp. If it's accompani... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Liu
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 20 years experience
Many possibilities: There could be many causes, from a sinus or ear infection to some even more serious things, like a tumor. It is important to discuss your concerns wi... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership