U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Twitching mouth muscles

A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 36 years experience
Hemifacial spasm: Hemifacial spasm is an involuntary twitching of the facial muscles. Usually around the eye and corner of the mouth. It is thought to be caused by an a... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenfeld
Neurology 32 years experience
Twitching & stress: this symptom is often associated with stress, anxiety, and/or lack of sleep. In the absence of any other symptoms (stiffness, twitching, weakness, s... Read More
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mark Gujer md fasa
Anesthesiology 27 years experience
Possibly: But muscle pain or myalgias are the more commonly reported muscle side effect. Discuss with your prescribing physician.
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sharon Joag
Podiatry 20 years experience
Clinical Exam: First, you need to go to see your PCP. They will do a thorough clinical exam, and sort through all of your symptoms. After this, they will take blo... Read More
A 16-year-old male asked:
Dr. Scott Hacking
Family Medicine 19 years experience
Mouth twitching: Any abnormal twitching of facial muscles should be evaluated by a neurologist since it can represent a serious condition. Some patients with facial tw... Read More
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Kam
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Hemifacial spasm: Please see a neurologist for exam and diagnosis. Treatment for this condition include Botox injection and microvascular decompression.
A member asked:
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
Have it looked into: A good neuro exam and EEG are usually warranted. He can't tell you what is going on at this age.
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Dan Fisher
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Lot's of causes.: There are many potential causes. You will need to see your doc about this as a very thorough history and exam are required to sort this out. May need... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Family Medicine 40 years experience
Can probably wait: For an evaulation in a clinic or office. At your age, unless you have a number of other chronic health problems, you can probably wait for a clinic a... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Houghton
Specializes in Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
Probably not serious: A neurologist would be the right place to go. Described symptoms not likely serious. Focal seizures would not be expected to affect both sides, and th... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership