U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Torn tricep muscle symptoms

A female asked:
Dr. James Chen
Orthopaedic Surgery 16 years experience
Depends where torn: A torn triceps at the attachment of the muscle to bone (the tendon) needs to be re-attached through surgery. If the muscle is torn in the body of the ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 40 years experience
You may have one: While you may not have such a tear , if there is any question you should check it out i wouldn't worry as much about the bruising but the indentation... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
You only need to ask: The solution is follow the post operative instructions that should have been prescribed by your surgeon. You may need to push him for assistance for t... Read More
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
You would probably be best served by having any further testing done after being evaluated by a specialist in neuromuscular disorders at a university ... Read More
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Get a referral to a neurologist, who assess the meaning of "chronic denervation". An EMG may also be useful.
A member asked:
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Pediatrics 25 years experience
Strain/injury: Pain on movement can typically be traced back to a strain or minor muscle injury. Avoid positions that make the pain worse. Do not do any lifting or p... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Stephen Southard
Internal Medicine 16 years experience
Many will: Pushup, dips, press downs, french press ... really any exercise where you extend your arm out - as in "press" your hand out - will engage the triceps.... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Roy Arnold
Internal Medicine 48 years experience
Long and lateral: Heads for reclined shoulder press. http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/LVReclinedShoulderPress.html Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
A female asked:
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Specializes in Rheumatology
No: No, it's not from hitting your head. Pain localized to the muscle that hurts with certain activities is truly arising from the muscle itself. It could... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
There are nodes-: -in the epicondylar area of the elbow. If a muscle it should move with muscular contraction.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership