Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

took plan b pill within 65 hours will it work

A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Effective: Plan B is very effective but not 100 %. 3 hour window will not alter the effectiveness of the treatment. If you wish to be sure, you may get an IUD pl ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: The sooner AFTER the better. It does not work if taken before.Now get in to your doctor and start a reliable method of contraception and use condoms t ... Read More
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker answered
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Possibly: I would not rely on just one dose. It is possible to work but unreliable.
1
1 thank
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Grace Akoh-Arrey
15 years experience Pharmacology
Within 72 hours: Plan b (levonorgestrel)should be taken within 72 hours (preferably within 12-24 hours) of unprotected sex. If vomiting occurs within 2 hours of taking ... Read More
2
2 thanks
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: Plan B will work in the 90th percentile of cases.
1
1 thank
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Good thinking but...: After an hour or so, a pill will have been digested. So, after 7-8 hours, there's no need to worry about not digesting the pill. However, anyone who u ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Brian Clear
11 years experience Family Medicine
Yes: Yes, Plan B reduces the chance of pregnancy by over 90% (reduces the usual chance of 5 - 10% to a chance of
1
1 thank
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Patterson
41 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Should work: If you take the entire Plan B within 72 hrs, you should get a period at the normal time, if u don't then see your gyn for a blood preg tets.
1
1 thank
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Its much easier to just go buy Plan B over the counter. If you are determined to use Lutera then the dose in 5 pills now and 5 12 hours later. Be prep ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month