U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Tmj clogged ears

A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 40 years experience
Maybe: I would suggest having someone check your ears and if there is no problem see someone who can diagnose and treat TMJ problems.
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dentistry 24 years experience
No: The temperomandibular joint is completely separate from the ear canal, but the joint sits just in front of it. If you had any clicking/cracking sounds... Read More
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Possibly, but....: Tmj\tmd symptoms can include ear pain, tinnitus, ear pressure, and a muffled feeling. However, your clogged ears may very likely be caused by many ot... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. R Lee Hinson
Dentistry 39 years experience
The most common: Cause of clogged ears is ear wax. The accumulation can be considerable over time. Consult with your PCP or an otolaryngologist to have your ears check... Read More
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Could be TMJ: True, clogged ears can be a symptom of TMJ/TMD, but I would see an ENT Dr. first. Popping noises of the jaw normally signify that there is a TMJ elem... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mushahid Farooqi
Family Medicine 26 years experience
Hello! Hope you are doing fine. TMJ disorder can cause ear pain, ear fullness, and sometimes tinnitus on the affected side, certain positions of jaw m... Read More
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Increase in ear pressure when bending over is one of the cardinal signs not sin us infection
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Symptoms: Your symptoms are consistent with TMJ dysfunction. See Dentist w expertise in treating TMJ. See Neurologist to rule out vascular involvement. See Psyc... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Can't say for sure: Coudl be TMJ. I have no data to indicate arteritis. I agree more than one process can be active. The complexity here indcates your best benefit i... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 50 years experience
Don't go poking things in your ears. The ear is complicated and has three chambers if you will and th problem could be in any of them, the outer, midd... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
If you have reactive lymph nodes, the problem is not from allergy but likely due to a viral illness. Most viral infections will resolve after 5-7 days... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
You need to see a physician, No sensible physician would give you any advice without examining you.
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Harold Kim
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Depends on cause: If it is wax or something in your ear canal, your ENT would be best to unclog it. If it is fluid behind your ear drum, either time or a myringotomy (i... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership