U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Tightness on top of head

A 67-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
And much more.: Whiplash injuries have been known to cause an unbelievable assortment of symptoms. I'm sure that yours can be found to be one of them. It is obviously... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Yes: involuntary spasm of the muscles of the back and side of the neck can be caused by stress. Progressive relaxation/meditation. gentle aromatherapy masa... Read More
Dr. Crystal Twynham
General surgery, Breast Surgery, Cancer Surgery, Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, Endocrine surgery, Minimally invasive surgery 34 years experience
Sounds like it...: Tightness, especially at the top of the head is usually your scalp muscles (yes, you DO have muscles in your scalp) spasming. The question is why? N... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Head pressure: Could be anything from a migraine or tension headache or something more. Please see your doc to rule out major physical causes and then perhaps a cli... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mark Rausch
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Concerned: I am concerned for these symptoms. Please call your family doctor for an evaluation or go the your local emergency department.
A 53-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 33 years experience
Dogmatil: Is an antipsychotic used in europe & japan. Having been on it for that long, it is possible that symptoms are related to withdrawal. Advise talking to... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Craig MacArthur
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 35 years experience
See neurosurgeon: You need to contact your neurosurgeon. This is likely something related to you recent surgery. Your neurosurgeon is best able to assess possibilities ... Read More
A 73-year-old male asked:
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Headache /eye: Go to doctor /ER/urgent care today. Could be glaucoma, tumor, vascular from carotid stenosis or aneurysm, HTN, DM. Can also be infections like herpe... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lali Sekhon
Neurosurgery 33 years experience
Prob ok: It's probably nothing and as long as wound is ok it will rob probably be ok. Check with your surgeon.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Probably not life-: threatening, but all headaches are serious because they impact your functioning so much. 90% of all headaches are tension headaches brought on by stre... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
All over: It's all over but you can't diagnose ich by the location of a headache since it's non-specific and much more common causes produce headaches in the sa... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership