U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Swollen gland under jaw on one side

A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Clinton Fox
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Lymph node: At this point I would consider either having imaging (ultrasound or CT) of the area in question or have ENT doctor preform a needle biopsy. There are... Read More
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Exam: Infection or swelling of lymph node or parotid salicary galnd, Get an exam, blood tests and CT scan of your neck. You may need a biopsy if not improvi... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
See a doctor: A mass or swelling under the jaw either a swollen salivary gland it could be a mass or tumor on the parotid gland or could be a lymph node either way ... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Catherine Smith
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tooth issue: Taking care of the diseases tooth should take care of the swollen gland as it is on the same side and in same area as infected tooth. If gland does no... Read More
Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Possible infection: May be an infection involving a lymph node. May also be an infected salivary gland. In either case, you should see a doctor. May need some antibiotics... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management 41 years experience
See dentist: Treat the tooth infection, treat gland abscess, treat sore throat, treat the sinus issues, and treat the post nasal drip. See a dentist and ENT to t... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See doctor: could be infection,lymph node, blocked salivary gland so you need to see doctor to get it diagnosed.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral &Maxillofacial Surgery 19 years experience
A few things: An infection of the gland, a stone in the gland, pathology in the gland like a cyst or an underlying tooth infection. Consult your doctor.
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Jones
37 years experience
Should be within 48 : It should take less than 48 hours under normal circumstances
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Sure: Are you waiting for the unrestorable wisdom tooth to cause a major infection? Your body is telling you something is amiss.. seek the care of an oral s... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
A Verified Doctoranswered
40 years experience
Node: Ct scans describe the nodes and are helpful in deciding If they are something to worry about. Sometimes we put people on antibiotics or biopsy the nod... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jack Shapiro
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Broken molar root?: Need a dental x-ray. Molar root often breaks off after extraction and is buried in the gum.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership