Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

Smelled too much bleach cleaning

A male asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Bleach: You can eat and the taste and the smell of bleach will be dissipated
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Will go away: And you can eat, meanwhile rinse your nose as much as you can with water, next time use less concentration, and use a mask, wish you well

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Marcelo Laufer
31 years experience Pediatric Infectious Disease
It may: Any chemical in excess can be dangerous. The other issue is: 1. why do you spend so much time cleaning?? 2. why do isolate yourself in the bathroom? I ... Read More
2
2 thanks
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes, absolutely!: Chlorine bleach is corrosive and can even damage metals. Its toxic fumes can cause respiratory problems, asthma flares, headaches and vomiting. It is ... Read More
1
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Rinse nose out: You may wish to try rinsing your nose out with water. The sensation will disappear on its own, but rinsing out the nose may hasten the process.
A member asked:
Dr. Tim Conrad
33 years experience Ophthalmology
You'll be okay: These symptoms will likely go away in a day or two. If not, see your doctor.
3
3 thanks
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
41 years experience Periodontics
Should pass: If you only smelled it, be patient. It will pass.
1
1 thank
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
Unlikely - depends : It depends on intensity of exposure. Too much can be toxic.
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Probably not: You could try a sinus rinse or a saline spray for a few days. It may take time to go away.
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sokol
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Yes you are OK: If you are talking about it 5 hours later you will be OK
A member asked:
Dr. Jay Bradley
17 years experience LASIK Surgery
Bleach fumes: Leave the area and ventilate it to allow the fumes to resolve. Flush the eyes with artificial tears. If persistent ocular symptoms, see an eye docto ... Read More
4
4 thanks
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam answered
35 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Not recommended: Bleach is a toxic substance and should not be ingested or breath in. Use saline nasal irrigation instead. Go to urgent care if you are not feeling wel ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month