U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Rib pain and dry cough

A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Segal
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Doesn't fit: It seems unlikely that those symptoms were a result from taking Accutane. You may have had a virus, or allergies which seems more likely. Fortunately ... Read More
Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology 18 years experience
Possible: It is possible for someone to experience muscle pain and possible injury months after starting the Roaccutane, although the literature suggests it’s m... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sunil Mehra
Pulmonology 45 years experience
Allergies: Dry cough self limiting over a few days most likely sec to bronchitis, or post nasal drip.If there is h/o hbp i presume hypertension, check out nedici... Read More
Dr. Alexander Barkan
General Surgery 25 years experience
Cough: Maybe viral , best thing to do is see doctor get a physical exam and possibly a chest xray.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Yes.: Three days of fever over 101 and cough deserves evaluation. You may have a virus (like the flu) or an infection, like pneumonia. Do get checked.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
Be checked: Your history is concerning for pneumonia. Be checked for an exam to see if you need an antibiotic. All the best.
A member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Hello. : Hello. Make sure to hydrate well, so that your mucus is moist. If coughing becomes too severe and prevents sleep; you may need to talk to your doctor ... Read More
A 40-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
See PCP or Dr. soon: If your dry could and painful ribs aren't resolved with cough syrup, it's time to see your pcp to find out what is going on. Your sore ribs are probab... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Pulmonology 28 years experience
Chest X-ray: Best to get a chest x-ray to make sure all is ok in your chest. A bronchial infection, asthma flare up, pneumonia and acid reflux could all be possib... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Karen Butler
Family Medicine 22 years experience
Rub pain: You should see your dictor for good evaluation. You could have had trauma or may have a pneumonia. Give a good history and see your doctor
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Linda Tao
Cardiology 36 years experience
See your doctor : I am concerned that you might have something as serious as a pneumonia or even other conditions. Please get checked out!
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Cough with sore ribs: Try the OTC delsym (dextromethorphan) for your cough or get a codeine preparation from your doctor. The rib pain can be treated with Motrin or in sev... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership