U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Red circle around hair follicle

A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Rash: try using an antifungal soap or spray powder it may be a bit of fungus if it does not improve see your doctor
Dr. David Masiello
Hematology and Oncology 19 years experience
Skin Infections: This could be folliculits or a fungal infection.
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Probably not a wart: Warts have quite variable appearance, but never involve hair follicles and never cause redness. Google something like "genital wart images" -- you can... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kevin Fleishman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 32 years experience
Folliculitis: It sounds like you have some inflammation of a hair follicle which is common in areas where hair grows and is common if the area has been shaved. I r... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Not a single agent: Based in the list of ingredients, 2 oz Southern Comfort Bold Black Cherry. 4 oz lemon-lime soda. splash of cranberry juice (about a tablespoon). lime... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Not warts: Almost certainly folliculitis. Warts don't cause redness, are not common in the pubic area, and do not appear in association with hair follicles.
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
You are: describing "classical" FOLLICULITIS.... Use an antibacterial soap...followed by an OTC antibiotic cream (eg"NEOSPORIN) and if not "better" get the ar... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: Bumps may be keratosis pilaris, eczema, comedones, and/or folliculitis. Each would have a different treatment, so a primary care doctor or a dermatolo... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kevin Frey
Internal Medicine 13 years experience
Dry skin: Thanks for your question! Sounds like it may be a little dry skin. Taking cooler showers can help. You may want to also try and moisturizer too!
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Inflammation: Could be associated with inflammation of the follicle followed by scarring and hair loss.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gloria Lopez
Pediatrics 45 years experience
Angular cheilitis: Multifactorial disorder of infectious origin. The sores are often infected with fungi (yeasts), or sometimes bacteria, or both. Several nutritional de... Read More