Top answers from doctors based on your search:

reasons to see a neurologist

A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Navdeep Virk
19 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Confused: They have to have a diagnosis in order to be able to treat you, and usually it is a sleep dr or a dentist who should do a follow up with osa.
3 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 62-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
51 years experience Neurology
Perhaps these?: You may have "paroxysmal vertigo", a migraine epiphonomenon, or you might have inner ear issues, such a meniere's, or perhaps, an endolymphatic fistul ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Colin Kerr
43 years experience Family Medicine
Tinnitus: Tinnitus, unfortunately, is just one of those natural parts of aging for about 20% of the population. They rarely find a specific reason that can be t ... Read More
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mark Fisher
33 years experience Neurology
????: Depends on whether he's a legal adult and on what's happening to him.
1 thank
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Chirag Patel
Specializes in Neurology
Depends: This depends on your insurance plan, but usually referrals are needed in order to see a specialist. You should discuss your symptoms with your primary ... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience Psychiatry
Psychiatrist: Mostly for assessment and medication management/psychotherapy, for wide array of psychological problems.
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kristi Woods
22 years experience Pediatrics
See PCP: See your primary doc first. He or she can let you know if a specialist would be of value.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
No, but it's good to: This may not always be the case, but in many places psychiatrists are so busy they barely have time to ask about the medication. A therapist will spen ... Read More
1 thank
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Alves
23 years experience Emergency Medicine
Preference: It depends on your insurance requirements as well as on your personal preference and medical complexity. Most generally healthy people are well served ... Read More
1 thank
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
24 years experience Pediatrics
See below: For referrals, this depends on you insurance, but if you are under age, depending on your age (specific ages in states vary), any physician encounter ... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Frank Berman
38 years experience Dentistry
Yes, possibly: Seek the advise and treatment for obstructive sleep apnea from a physician who treats that condition. They may be in any speciality. The american ac ... Read More
4 thanks
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Miroslava Fox
14 years experience Clinical Psychology
Usually don't,but...: Usually you don't need the referral; however, some insurances, especially hmo might require a referral. Always check with your insurance provider to s ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Charles Sturgis
28 years experience Pathology
Yes.: Most primary care physicians can manage thyroid replacement medications. In certain settings, a consultation from an endocrinologist may be helpful. ... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edward Burney
42 years experience Ophthalmology
Vagus nerve problem: The type of doc you see, depends on your symptoms. If indeed due to vagus nerve, a neurologist maybe consulted.
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Kurss
38 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Very likely: Nd's have, in addition to similar training in areas that md's have, exposure to many holistic approaches that don't involve medication. Nutritional co ... Read More
1 thank
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Larry Armstrong
26 years experience Neurosurgery
Children's Hospital: Find a large city with a children's hospital and they should offer a pediatric neurologist.
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Insurance issues: America is a free country, so any patient can see a gastroenterologist, without having to get permission from another person. The restrictions are ins ... Read More
1 thank
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Brian Lynch
37 years experience Family Medicine
Referral: Please rephrase your question. It's impossible to tell what you're asking. You do ask is it possible you need a referral . Yes it's possible , but wh ... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
29 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Yes: Chemotherapy for cancers has many potentially serious side effects. Generally chemotherapy is prescribed by medical oncologist and hematologists. So ... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Darren Gitelman
35 years experience Neurology
Movement disorders: Neurologists sub-specializing in movement disorders will often take care of patients with spinocerebellar ataxia.
6 thanks
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
32 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Not usually: It is uncommon for patients now to be required to have a referral for specialty care compared to years past. It may depend however on the health insu ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Imad Khreim
38 years experience Psychiatry
Directly: The best way is to directly share with him that you are going through some difficult times and you would like to seek advice on some emotional issues ... Read More
3 thanks
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Frederick Singer
57 years experience Endocrinology
Orthopaedic surgeon: Bowed legs are treated by an orthopaedic surgeon.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gregory Billy
27 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Depends on insurance: Your insurance plan may have only your pcp limit your referrals to other specialists including physiatrists. If your insurance does not limit your sp ... Read More
4 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits