U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Pubic herpes symptoms

A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Steven Hubert
Dermatology 29 years experience
Can be similiar: Herpes can be in pubic hair. See your dermatologist for a proper exam and diagnosis.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Luis Eguiguren
Pediatrics 42 years experience
Not related : You should see a dermatologist, your symptoms are not related to having kissed a person with cold sores 6 months ago.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
Without exam and test hard to tell. Till you get results keed area clean and cover with OTC cortisone cream and band aid. Hope you get better
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
Pediatrics 51 years experience
It seems more likely folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicles) with cellulitis. Follow-up with your primary care provider.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Dr. Arnold Lentnekanswered
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Very low likelihood. Not entirely impossible, just low likelihood. Usual spread is direct skin-to-skin or via body secretions (saliva, vaginal secreti... Read More
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Genital herpes: Often shows up on penis or vulva.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Dr. Arnold Lentnekanswered
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Pubic lice?: Can’t really tell without seeing (physically or virtually). Sounds more like scabies/pubic lice rather than Herpes Have doctor examine (physically o... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 44 years experience
See derm: This is probably folliculitis or hidradenitis which have to do with abnormal hair follicles and apocrine sweat glands.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Harry Greenberg
Dermatology 28 years experience
Probably Not: Herpes is usually a cluster of blisters that are painful, not 1 blister. Most likely you have a boil or a drug eruption. A medical professional coul... Read More
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
Bumps are nonspecific and do not confirm anything. A positive IgM test, without any other data, does not prove that you have a new herpes infection --... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology 41 years experience
Needs to be evaluate: When it comes to lumps and bumps you have to let your doctor take a look at them. Very hard to speculate without physical evaluation.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership