U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Neomycin and polymyxin B sulfate hydrocortisone ear drops made ear feel clogged

A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Your drops are used to treat infection/inflammation of the ear canal only. Your clogged,throbbing, hearing impairment could be from swelling of ?the c... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 50-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Not likely: Antibiotics do not kill the fungus although the Hydrocortisone may calm the inflammation. You will need something with Acetic Acid or an antifungal a... Read More
Dr. Edward Zabawski
Dermatology 27 years experience
No: If you really have a fungus there, none of the medications you listed will be effective. Obtain a medication indicated for fungus infection and be aw... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Yes it is normal: Yes it most probably is normal.Continue as prescribed
A female asked:
Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in Head and Neck Surgery
Ear pain: The suspension usually does not , the solution which is more acidic can more often. Would have ear checked for TM perforation.
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gary Reiter
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Do not use this: Ear drops are way too acidic for the eye. Most of them are in the 3.0 to 4.0 range. Eye drops tend to be more neutral and will sting intensely as the ... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: Unless you have otitis externa (swimmer's ear) drops will not help earaches.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarberaanswered
Pediatrics 29 years experience
See below: He may have a sore throat, which may cause referred ear pain.
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
No, pls don't : not meant to be used in eyes, see your doctor
A male asked:
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Maybe: However their maybe oral medications that would better suit than using a liquid inside the ear that is already inflammed with Shingles. See a doctor t... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
A middle ear infection or Otitis Media may be observed or treated with antibiotics depending on the degree of pan and severity. The outer ear infect ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership