U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Lump on rib cage right side

A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Murray
Breast Surgery 34 years experience
See a physician: Feeling a lump is always scary. Often times it is from a benign process. Having said that it is important to see your doctor and have the mass evaluat... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A member asked:
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Always should be: Concern, most likely if it is located close to the center related to the rib cage it self, other than it could many things, the way to check it out wi... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Please get checked: By your doc. A lump can be serious and when treated properly can lower your anxiety. Ambiguity generates anxiety. Peace and good health.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Let us see: Is this lump attached to skin? This is not a good sign. Is this lump painful? Is there is any recent trauma to the area? Are this lump warm and the sk... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
Bet lipoma: Most common would b a lipoma, not much else there. Skin, fat, muscle, bone & chest contents, moveable soft tissue = lipoma. Benign. If really concer... Read More
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
See your physician.: See your family doctor or internist, so that he/she can assess the "lump", and order any potential diagnostic studies to determine what it may be. It ... Read More
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
Mgt: It is probably an enlarged lymph node, and an evaluation is advised.A complete blood count and ESR may be ordered as indicated. If there is an infecti... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you, however, what you described suggests a benign tumor of fat. lipoma. You may ... Read More
A male asked:
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Ribs: Impossible to say without an exam or picture. I would talk to your GP or family doctor next time you see them.
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
See a physician: This unfortunately cannot be well answered online. You really need to see a physician to have the lump physically examined. Factors such as associat... Read More