U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Loss of speech

A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Loss of speech: Mutism = inability to speak. Aphasia = loss of language or communication ability.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 36 years experience
Migraines/stroke/TIA: Migraines are generally considered due to blood vessel constriction in the brain followed by blood vessel dilation.There is also an electrochemical co... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology 25 years experience
Looking back: Fortunately symptoms are resolved, because you said it was temporary speech loss. First thing to do is rule out stroke or transient ischemic attack. I... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Carl Decker
Radiology 25 years experience
Stroke not only caus: While stroke is probably the most common, other injuries to the speech centers of the brain could cause sudden loss of speech. These include infection... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Harinder Gill
Cardiology 40 years experience
Loss of speech: Symptom suggests a possible TIA ;seek a full neurologic evaluation ASAP
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
Question is unclear: A good recovery would consist of complete return of speech and orientation but that's not what you're asking, no doubt. Could you please re-phrase?
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Idan Sharon
Neurology 29 years experience
TINGLING & SPEECH: Transient cerebral events, seizures need to be ruled out. You need to see a neurologist. An MRI of the brain may be necessary.
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
49 years experience
Passing out: I need more informations, is she seeing a neurologist, what kind of scans were done? did she have any MRI, with or without contrast, any blood w... Read More
A 21-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Time: This is a very common...Even normal occurance. It can take several weeks for your voice to return to normal. Occasionally even speech therapy can be... Read More
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Liesa Harte
Family Medicine 30 years experience
See your doctor!: You need to be evaluated by a physician right away! I wish you the very best.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership