Top answers from doctors based on your search:

large unexplained bruise on leg

A 41-year-old male asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
37 years experience Internal Medicine
Go see ur Dr and: Get checked for bleeding or clotting disorder, low platelet count etc. Take care! http://www.Healthline.Com/health/bruise.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
58 years experience Internal Medicine
Unlikely that: cycling alone will produce what you describe! Do you take Aspirin??? If so stop it! If not get your blood checked for clotting factors
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
SSRI's can: Ssri's can cause small hemorrhages, called petechiae, on your body -- especially if you're also using Aspirin or supplements that also interfere with ... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
44 years experience General Surgery
Sounds like: ruptured tendon, but you need to see a doctor to make sure that it is not thrombophlebitis, especially if you have risk factors such as birth control ... Read More
1 thank
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Peter Lydon
38 years experience General Surgery
No: This is not a typical sign of a hernia. It is likely just a bruise.
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Steven Back
6 years experience Internal Medicine
Bruising: Hi Allison, some general possibilities to consider are either hematological disorders where your blood is not clotting properly which causes bruising, ... Read More
1 thank
A 66-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Ebner
17 years experience Dermatology
Get that checked out: This sounds like a thrombosed (clotted) vein in your hand. The Aspirin may have helped to dissolve the clot. This could happen for several reasons. ... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arnold Beresh
40 years experience Podiatry
See a DR ASAP: With this description i may be a broken blood vessel.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
8 years experience Dermatology
Trauma?: Most likely, it is from trauma that may have gone un noticed. However, there is a condition called erythema nodosum which appears like bruising over t ... Read More
1 thank
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lori Wagner
26 years experience Internal Medicine
Local pain only: Vericose veins can be locally tender, but they should not cause pain in near-by joints or deep in the muscle.
6 thanks
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Corey Clay
9 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Unlikely: Risk factors that increase the chance of blood clot include sitting for long periods of time (low blood flow), smoking, having personal or family hist ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
28 years experience Emergency Medicine
Leg pain: Can not rule out - any risk factors such as prolonged plane or car rides or recent surgery. Any history of prior clots. Could also be baker's cyst b ... Read More
2 thanks
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
27 years experience Emergency Medicine
Unlikely: If you have had a negative ultrasound of your calf it is unlikely that you have a deep venous thrombosis,(DVT). DVT's normally cause swelling, pain an ... Read More
1 thank
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marshall Solomon
47 years experience Podiatry
Severe cramping can: Severe cramping can lead to hematoma blood leakage into the soft tissues from the injured muscle that a day or two will surface on the skin.
2 thanks
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Possibly: The "sitting bone" you are describing is likely the ischial tuberosity which can become bruised in a fall or even fractured. There is not a lot we do ... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
That's alot : Going on why not see a doctor. I'm not even sure all those complaints are related.
A male asked:
Dr. David Cohen
41 years experience Internal Medicine
See below: Most likelly local trauma. If it does not go away or he gets more of these see a doctor. Is he on a blood thinner or on aspirin?
2 thanks
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Evaluation: When the platelet is normal ,patient need coagulation test to find the cause so be treated.
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Matt Wachsman
35 years experience Internal Medicine
Leg's are in: the line of a lot of local trauma. While easy bruising can mean either low platelets or low clotting factors, I've never seen that unless the person a ... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rashid Khan
32 years experience Internal Medicine
Hematoma: I would recommend that you should consult a physician. You probably have developed a hematoma which is a collection of blood under the skin. Large hem ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sheila Calderon
40 years experience Internal Medicine
Depends: It is unlikely a blood clot but it may be a skin rash or a bite. If it does not resolve see your doctor for the correct diagnosis and treatment.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
16 years experience Pediatrics
Bruising: Might be normal bruises, but also might be purpura, which can go with other conditions and a platelet issue. Go see your doctor.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Not worrisome: But for reassurance, ask your doctor on the next visit to check your cbc for platelets count, best wishes

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits