Top answers from doctors based on your search:

is it okay to use a fleet enema even though i have an anal fissure

Dr. Ronald Kline
Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery
Yes: It maybe uncomfortable to insert the enema tip but there shouldn't be any problem using the enema.
1
1
Dr. Arie Pelta
19 years experience Colon and Rectal Surgery
Yes: But it will hurt a lot need to see a crs.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
14 years experience Colon and Rectal Surgery
But why? : Why do you want to do that to yourself? The answer is yes, but realize it's going to hurt.

Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack answered
30 years experience General Surgery
Possibly: Inserting anything into the anus can inadvertantly lead to tearing the mucosa. See your doctor for an exam of the area to know for sure.
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
1
Dr. John Edmison
18 years experience Gastroenterology
5
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
38 years experience General Surgery
Comfort: Usually I do not recommend epsom salts. Just comfortably warm water is usually sufficient. Ask your own surgeon for instructions.
1
Dr. Robert Cloud
40 years experience Colon and Rectal Surgery
Anal fissure: The heat relaxes the muscle and reduces discomfort. Epson salt not necessary.
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal answered
49 years experience Pediatrics
GI consult: Based on your symptoms you need further evaluation . Consider gastroenterologist for more evaluation
1
Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
1