Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Is it normal to have a bad taste in the mouth after tonsillectomy

Dr. Rodney Diaz
21 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Yes: This should get better with time. By 3-4 weeks postop, you should be feeling better.
4

Dr. Diane Minich
Blood: May give you a bad taste for a few days.
Dr. William Schmidt
1
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Coated tongue: Coated tongue may be due to debris ndbcteri ccumulating on your tongue after surgery.Dehydration may add to the oroblem.
1
Dr. Brian Affleck
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
3
Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: If your symptoms have been worsening like this, you need to see your doctor for an evaluation to see what's going on.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dr. Eric Yavrouian
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tonsillectomy: Yes. It can take a week or two for the tonsillar wound to heal. The white appearance is part of the healing process.
2
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
7-10 days: 7-10 days. Try ibuprofen. Saline rinses.
A male asked:
Dr. Ronald Ward
Uvula: No smoking, alcohol, spicy foods, TCH for the next three weeks. Can suck on ice chips to decrease swelling.
1