U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I have small white bumps on my lips they feel like sand paper what is this

A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice 34 years experience
Exam needed to dx: Multiple possible causes such as Fordyce granules, herpes, leukoplakia, fungal infections, contact dermatitis, and allergic reactions . Visit your do... Read More
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Fordyce spots: Fordyce spots appear as slightly raised white or yellowish bumps or spots between 1 to 5 mm in size. You may see just one or groups of 50 to 100. Alth... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
No: It is kind of normal specially with dry mouth hydrate well
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Need to identify: what the bump is what is the type of rash on the calves -to recommend treatment. Dermatological evaluation would help with that.
A female asked:
Dr. Abdus Khan
Urgent Care 31 years experience
Most likely it is.: What you are describing most likely is HSV type 1... it is not sexually transmitted, and is present in plenty of people. You can just wait and it will... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry 38 years experience
Fordyce granules: It could be several things. A common one is called Fordyce granules, which are ectopic sebaceous glands and quite normal. It also might be blocked mi... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Exam and labs: This is a great time to have an exam and testing. That way you'll be able to relax and treat whatever it is and avoid spreading it. It will be okay an... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Small bumps: on penis MAY be Fordyce spots. They are visible sebaceous glands and are common. Please see your doc to make sure. No need to be shy. He/she has s... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
See your doctor.: It sounds like a yeast infection, but that would only be a guess. The only way to know for sure is to have an exam.
A female asked:
Dr. Carrie Giordano
Obstetrics and Gynecology 21 years experience
Needs to look at it: With new skin lesions in the genital area it is always a good idea to to be by your doctor for appropriate diagnosis. It can be anything from a mild d... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Yes: Using tobacco in any form is bad. Quit now. See your doctor for evaluation of the lesions in your mouth.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership