Top answers from doctors based on your search:

i have a bump on my forehead that hurts

A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
Depends on the bump: This depends on the type of pump you have. In general these are usually benign and not a problem but you should check with your physician to get a def ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience Internal Medicine
?from trauma: If this lump formed after trauma to the forehead it sounds like a hematoma(blood collection) which is treated with cold applications for 48 hours and ... Read More
A 48-year-old male asked:
Dr. Lisa Welch
27 years experience Internal Medicine
See primary: Visit your primary to see what this is , It could be a lipoma a simple fat tumor that is no cancerous or impacted cyst , both can easily be removed.
1 thank
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Tomeo
37 years experience Dermatology
Probable Acne cyst: Acne cysts pop up quickly and can cause pain or tenderness.
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Mike Bowman
18 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Hard to know: It could be any number of things. If it hurts it is worth getting checked out. It may require medical treatment. Make an appt w your pcp and try som ... Read More
3 thanks
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mitchell Vogel
29 years experience Ophthalmology
Injury?: This could be many things. Have your medical doctor or dermatologist evaluate and treat you. Good luck.
1 thank
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marsha Davis
27 years experience Internal Medicine
See the Dr: It might need to be drained and need antibiotics. It could be a polonidal cyst and sometimes they require surgical removal.
2 thanks
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Christopher Nicora
23 years experience Internal Medicine
Hematoma: This bump is likely a hematoma and can be observed safely. The neck sound like muslce spasm. Heat, stretching and physical therapy can ehlp your neck ... Read More
2 thanks
A 39-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
34 years experience Hand Surgery
It's hard to say: Without actually seeing what that means inflammation and swelling which can be caused by infection chronic inflammation metabolic issues such as get o ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arthur Balin
46 years experience Dermatology
Bump on scalp: There are a lot of potential causes for a bump on your scalp that itches and hurts when you touch it. You should see your doctor to have it evaluated. ... Read More
1 thank
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Karen Butler
20 years experience Family Medicine
Ans: Well I need a little more information. Did you have trauma? Bite? Growth? Etc
1 comment
A member asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
31 years experience Family Medicine
Bump: A bump on your head can be from contusion. But other bumps are from various causes. Cyst, lipoma, abscess are few thoughts.
A 28-year-old female asked:
37 years experience Pediatrics
See a doctor: See a doctor because it may be a small abscess. Any break in the skin (from insect bite or scratch) can allow germs to get in and cause a staph infect ... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
Get seen: You probably drove an infection deeper, may need antibiotic, get it checked out.
1 thank
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Devin Cunning
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Multiple: There are multiple possibilities: Lymphatic tissue, fibroma, papilloma, benign salivary tumor, malignancy. An Otolaryngology evaluation is appropriat ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kim Fagan
Dr. Kim Fagan answered
33 years experience Sports Medicine
Likely nothing: If the bump appeared at the time of your injury it is likely a simple hematoma, mild bleeding under the skin. The majority of the time this resolves ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
29 years experience Internal Medicine
Need: Evaluation. Painful lumps are the scalp could be a carbuncle (infection ) or benign tumor or malignant mass. See a doctor or consider a paid service ... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bassam Amawi
48 years experience Psychiatry
As above: Without examination it is hard to pin point out what was the causes , if it is bothersome u can see your PCP for evaluation.
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Christopher Coller
12 years experience Family Medicine
Stye or chalazion?: These are kind of like folliculitis for the eye-lashes usually caused by bacteria. Start with warm compresses. Don't squeeze it. You can pick up some ... Read More
6 thanks
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Diane Minich
36 years experience Family Medicine
Number of causes: See your doctor to have the lump examined to diagnose it'.
A member asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience Family Medicine
See your doctor: Have your doctor take a look at it.
A female asked:
Dr. Carla Enriquez
49 years experience Pediatrics
Secondary infection : You have introduced an infection by popping your pimple. Please seek medical attention to be sure it is properly treated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits