U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I feel like i have sand in my eyes

A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 24 years experience
Depends: Go to a doctor and or eye doctor to get it checked out. It could be the beginning of an eye infection or a foreign body is irritating your eyes. You ... Read More
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
See a doctor: I am sure the mission president can understand that you need to see a family doctor or an eye doctor urgently. Please go get this looked at soon.
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Marc Cohen
Ophthalmology 38 years experience
Allergies or Dry Eye: You probably have either dry eyes, ocular allergies, or both. I would suggest that you see an eye doctor. After an exam your doctor my suggest artif... Read More
Dr. Alan Mindlin
51 years experience
Dry environment: Your sleeping place is dry and during rem you are exposing your eyes to dryness. Literally the moisture is sucked off of your eyes. Humidify your bed... Read More
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
Dry eye: Your description sounds like dry eye. Try frequent artificial tears, warm compresses, ointment at night, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no i... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Olivia Liao
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Foreign body : Sensation has many causes. First try artificial tears and warm compresses. If you wear contact lenses stay out of them for a day or two. If not improv... Read More
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sady Ribeiro
Specializes in Pain Management
Dry mouth ?: I wonder if you noticed that you have been experiencing symptoms as dry mouth, joint pain and lack of tears.. If this is the case: You need to s... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
Dry eye: Your description sounds like dry eye. I would recommend otc artificial tears and if no resolution, you should go see an eye doctor.
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 10 years experience
Eye sensation : It is time for you to be evaluated by a doctor, best an eye doctor in person. This can be allergies or something in the eye.
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Many causes: There are many potential causes for a sandy feeling in the eyes. A common one is dry eye syndrome. Try some artificial tears (over the counter at th... Read More
A 57-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Dryness: Most likely your eyes have some degree of dryness. This is sensitive to your bodily hydration, atmospheric moisture and history of eye or systemic di... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
No: Foreign body sensation (FBS) or sand feeling are usually signs of dry eyes. You must check your eyes for dry eyes, blepharitis and some other causes ... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Have her seen: It is likely she will have an abrasion of one or both corneas (clear part of eye) that would need treatment. She may also need a more thorough eye irr... Read More