Top answers from doctors based on your search:

hpw can i get rid of fungus on my leg

A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Morris Westfried
45 years experience Dermatology
Topical, oral antifu: Topical antifungals such as lotrimin , micatin, or Lamisil (terbinafine) can help. For extensive areas you amy need oral antifungals such as Lamisil ( ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 68-year-old male asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Peroxide: You can certainly use it, but it is not likely to work. See a doctor.
1 thank
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Claude Parola
39 years experience Internal Medicine
Hard to know: It is hard to know without seeing it, you probably need to let your doctor take a look.
1 thank
A 60-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Greenwald
41 years experience Podiatry
Toenail Removal: Toenail fungus (confirmed by culture) is a persistent condition. There are several treatments including but limited to topical and oral medication, pe ... Read More
1 thank
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Charlap
36 years experience Holistic Medicine
Laser or meds best: Other than for a very isolated area of the nail, homemade remedies usually don't work as it takes at least six months for the nail to grow without exp ... Read More
A 12-year-old male asked:
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
37 years experience Pediatrics
See your doctor: Your doctor may choose to open and drain the boil. This is not something to do at home as you might spread the infection! doctor might also sample the ... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Oberman
30 years experience Podiatry
Possibilities: First off, how do know it is a wart? Has it been diagnosed as a wart. Assuming it is known to be a wart, you can try over the counter wart medication ... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Thomas Alfreda jr
13 years experience Internal Medicine
Fungal: You can try otc lotrimin (clotrimazole). If not, see your physician.
1 thank
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
See a podiatrist: Or dermatologist as they have many ways of doing this,
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Norman Levine
50 years experience Dermatology
Tinea versicolor: You can try head and shoulders shampoo applied as a lotion every other day for 2 weeks. If this does not work, your doctor can prescribe pills which ... Read More
A 26-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Kayvanfar
45 years experience Sports Medicine
Refer to answer: Usually people do not have foot cramp. Have foot swelling and pain, but have cramps in the legs. Both have many causes. My suggestions is avoid chicke ... Read More
3 thanks
A male asked:
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Be sure of diagnosis: There are different fungi that may be lumped under the diagnosis of ringworm. Clotrimazole or tolnaftate for 3-4 weeks is usually effective if the l ... Read More
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
29 years experience Geriatrics
Go see ID specialist: Not to be rude, but how do you know that you have fungus in your blood? The only way to confirm this or make this diagnosis is by blood culture, in wh ... Read More
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
51 years experience Neurology
Significance: Clonus is usually associated with an upper motor neuron problem and can be seen with spasticity. Real question is the cause, and how to manage the un ... Read More
1 thank
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
17 years experience Podiatry
Yes: See a podiatrist. Oral medication really help with foot fungus. Topical meds help as well but if the nails are infected then you will need something m ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
28 years experience Dermatology
Did you diagnose it: or a doctor. You need to see a dermatologist for treatment options
A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Eval: This can't be diagnosed with the information that is available. A history, physical examination & other studies may be needed to determine cause/c ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Brandon Macy
40 years experience Podiatry
Functional orthotics: With the appropriate mofdifications can stabilize things and make walking less stressful on your body and possibly ease leg pain.
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
FIrst of all...: ...Replace the shoes, if you haven't already. Second, my guess, without actually seeing your feet, is that the "boil-like scars" are healing blisters. ... Read More
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Hagler
80 years experience Geriatrics
Derematologist: Must make correct diagnosis 1st.
2 thanks
A 29-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jerome Litt
70 years experience Dermatology
Finger Warts: Common warts usually have a life span of about 2 years. Some can last much longer. They are contagious to other people. There are many otc products fo ... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
30 years experience Family Medicine
"persistence": There are many ways to get rid of plantar warts. The over the counter methods include topical liquids applied to the wart and the "cold" sprays. Rx t ... Read More
1 thank
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Liawaty Ho
22 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Petechiae: Petechiae is a small (1-2mm) red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels). You should go to see your ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits