U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How to grow back hair after years of pulling

A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Maffezzoli
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Rogaine (minoxidil): You could try Rogain a topical solution that is sold without a perscfription

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
No, but Dr. can look: One's primary care doctor can check for medical causes. If none are found, then one can see a dermatologist, especially one specializing in hair resto... Read More
A 49-year-old female asked:
Dr. Suzanne Fiala
Family Medicine 30 years experience
No, check it out.: This may be a fungal infection, such as ringworm, or a different type of scalp infection. It may also be idiopathic - a symptom with no obvious cause... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine 38 years experience
Usually: once the stress is over the hair will regrow. remember about 20-25% of hair follicles are in rest phase at any time and some times that % increases t... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Neal Hakimi
Internal Medicine 12 years experience
Things like : minoxidil (rogaine) may be helpful if the hair follicles are still alive. if it doesn't grow back you may want to see a dermatologist.
A female asked:
Dr. Kyle Linsey
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Could be permanent : Unfortunately if the follicle has been permanently destroyed. An off label option could be trying restasis which can restart the growth phase of the ... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Tension alopecia: The most important thing is to recognize the situation. If you have only hair loss due to tight pull, then it is likely to recover at 1 cm per month. ... Read More
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Meenakshi Bhuvaneswar
57 years experience
After you have stopped pulling out your hair for about five to eight weeks , it could start growing back . The damaged hair follicle will recover s... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Chevies Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 22 years experience
If it hasn't: Grown back in 7 years, it's not a good sign. Hair transplant at some point may help if it's a big issue. Good luck.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 19 years experience
Get checked: Alopecia and bald spots can sometimes be due to the tension/braid. Sometimes physicians will check for infections or other causes. Perhaps your doctor... Read More