Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How long should my son stay out of school after a broken elbow with surgery

Dr. Danny Proffitt

Dr. Daniel Mass
45 years experience Hand Surgery
Not long: If he is pain free in a cast or sling he should be able to go to school.
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
25 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Ask UR doc: This is based on type of fracture, and type of surgery, and the stability if the repair, so ask the surgeon their recommendation.
Dr. Brian Badman
24 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
1
Dr. Tariq Niazi
42 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Michael Sparacino
See below: Depending on the surgery and your degree of health, as well as rehab, it should heal within 12 weeks.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
27 years experience Pediatrics
Yes: If still in a cast, and the cast is on the dominant arm, may need help with writing.
Dr. Robert Coats II
22 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
1
Dr. Audie Rolnick
39 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Get checked: you need an evaluation with xrays by an orthopaedic surgeon
Dr. Robert Coats II
22 years experience Orthopedic Surgery