Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How long after surgery can I get a tattoo

Dr. Christine Hom
Heparin: The half life of heparin is between 1.5 and 4 hours depending on the preparation. After 2-3 days should not be in the system of a healthy individual.
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Think about it...: Do you really want to suffer the double recovery involved with both a fresh tatoo site AND a recent surgical incision?
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 35 years experience

Dr. Mark Gujer md fasa
Anesthesiology 26 years experience
No: Particular time needed unless you plan to put it over a surgical scar. Then you need months for it to completely heal.
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Tattoo before surg: I would advise you against doing a tattoo prior to surgery. Wait until after you have had successful surgery and full recovery.
A male asked:
Why take any risks: for infection with a pending surgery?
Dr. Gary Reiter
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Pathology 49 years experience
Dr. Bradford Romans
Yes. : Go to an established business that follows sterile technique. Have fun.
Dr. Edward Burney
43 years experience
Dr. David Sherer
Anesthesiology 37 years experience
Don't: It is better to wait, as the body is under increased strees in the time before, after and during surgery.