Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How do I know if I sprained my finger

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Pain: Pain, swelling, bruising, stiffness. Have it evaluated and make sure it is not fractured.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Pain: Pain, swelling, tenderness. I would not hesitate to be seen to make sure it is not a fracture or more serious injury as well.
Dr.
Finger sprain: Rest, ice , pain killer , buddy strapping of two fingers can be done . If not improving see physician .
Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery 20 years experience
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
4-6 weeks: The finger joints are brown to sprain and because the anatomy of it takes a while to heal and some leave some stiffness.
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Depends: It depends on the particular injury. See your doctor.
Fracture/ Break: A medical examination, history and X-rays are needed to accurately diagnose a fracture/ break in most cases.
Dr. Philip Miller
4-6 weeks: maybe more, depending on the extent of the injury. I suggest a PT evaluation and orthopedic consultation.
Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
Dr. Danny Proffitt