U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Herpes hard lump

A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Steve Choi
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Not usually: Sounds like something else, such as a mucocele. Check with your doctor.
Dr. Thomas Rosenfeld
Dermatology 44 years experience
Mucocele: This could be an epidermal cyst, if within the lip. A mucocele tends to be a translucent, visible pea like swelling on inner aspect of lower lip. They... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Lump: Your lump is probably an inpetiginous pimple.Do not squeeze the pimple as it will spread the infection. Use an antibiotic ointment for treatment
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Herpes: Herpes outbreaks are usually a small cluster of blisters. The blisters open into raw ulcerated lesions and then heal. They are not ever described as a... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Daniel Spilman
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 33 years experience
Probably not: Nasal anatomy is very complex so whether the bump is abnormal is unclear. A raise swelling on the inner nostril near the hairs is the most common comp... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Probably not herpes: Herpes doesn't cause things like this. Herpes lesions are superficial -- blisters, pimples, and sores that are sort of like "on" the skin. Boils, typi... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Difficult to say....: Dermatological (skin) conditions are very difficult to diagnose without first seeing and feeling the lesion, however, interdigital (between the finger... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Need an picture: A classic presentation for herpes would be described as an area of redness that develops into a cluster of tiny water blisters that eventually scab an... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic 37 years experience
See physician: I recommend you see your physician to have your tongue evaluated and discuss herpes simplex. If this is an initial outbreak of herpes simplex, then i... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Needs exam : Lumps, bumps, blisters and other skin abnormalities on the genitals need to be evaluated. An examination will be needed to know the cause and treatmen... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
See a doctor: Its probably not herpes, but its also probably not nothing. See a doctor and get examined.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership