U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Hemiparesis differential diagnosis

A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Frederick Nahm
Neurology 28 years experience
Spasticity: This refers to increased tone combined with weakness. It is a sign of some impairment in the central nervous system. Speak to your neurologist for m... Read More
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
One side affected: This generally refers to a disorder of strength and mobility involving one side of the body.The limbs are stiff and movement is difficult but possible... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery 28 years experience
Absolutely: Start with your family md and then a neurologist for a full neurological workup and treatment.
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Janice Wiesman
Dr. Janice Wiesmananswered
Neurology 33 years experience
Weakness: This means that the muscles on the right side of hte body are mildly weak. It is typically called hemiparesis (half-weak) when the cause is a problem... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Neurology 40 years experience
Medication/botox: You want to maintain some degree of spasticity in your leg to assist walking. The use of oral medication may help, but will affect arm and leg-plus th... Read More
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
Hemiparesis: The psychological effects of hemiparesis vary with the person and extent of symptoms. Many people struggle with frustration about not being able to u... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Suggestions: Could try anti-spasticity drugs, such as baclofen, dantrolene, or tizanidine, and even BOTOX. Baclofen pump of value in some cases. However, physica... Read More
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Approaches: Physical and occupational therapy, exercises, BOTOX, anti spasticity drugs such as tizanidine, baclofen, even diazepam. Maybe if all else fails, use ... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Pediatrics 51 years experience
One side weakness : If you have one sided weakness, decreased strength, decreased sensation, gait problems, trouble swallowing, then you should be examined. See your doct... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jason Huffman
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 24 years experience
Learn from therapist: Someone with hemiparesis will have many needs and may need someone available around the clock. The best way is to have a home therapy evaluation and w... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 48 years experience
Rehab Consult: You need to consult with a rehabilitation medicine specialist for a detailed evaluation of the extent of your deficits and a proper determination of ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership