Top answers from doctors based on your search:
A 44-year-old member asked:
34 years experience Hand Surgery
Alcohol etc: Alcohol, water fragrance and other chemicals
dont eat or drink it you can get very sick.
A 53-year-old member asked:
48 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Be careful: If children's swallow these agent they could be harmful to the child and end up in er.
A 26-year-old female asked:
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Dry skin: Sanitizers usually have some alcohol in them that can dry your skin , so use a moisturizer on a regular basis.
A 47-year-old member asked:
36 years experience Holistic Medicine
Not often: However, obsessing about germs can be unhealthy and the type of sanitizer can unduly expose you to certain chemicals. Speak to your doctor about your ... Read More
A 56-year-old member asked:
14 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Not recommended: Hand sanitizer has alcohol which can be toxic the tissues and flesh underneath the skin. (its not toxic to the top layer of skin) usually best course ... Read More
A 54-year-old member asked:
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
No: Will sting, but won't cause harm. Similar to putting a disinfectant on a wound. It is then best to rinse it off with claen water.
A 51-year-old member asked:
46 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
No limit: No limit.However you need to be aware that will dry-out you are hands and you need to rehydrate them with hand lotions, of course if you have certain ... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
35 years experience Wound care
Ouch!: Besides the obvious discomfort from solutions that are usually alcohol based it is also damaging the exposed tissue.
A 36-year-old male asked:
18 years experience Hand Surgery
Sanitizer: A solution that cleans the hand. Usually alcohol based.
A 37-year-old member asked:
72 years experience Preventive Medicine
Yes: But make sure your hands are air dried before putting them in.
People also searched for:
Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!