U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Fluid on the knee in children

A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Berg
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Effusion: Unclear. Fluid on the knee (effusion) can come from a number of causes and some times it will go away without treatment other times it won't. The mos... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
Aspiration: It depends on the cause of accumulation and amount and associated conditions. But if it is significant and painful and you are not taking any Blood t... Read More
Dr. Lori Semel
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Knee Effusion: If you have fluid around or on your knee, you need to be evaluated to see if it is an injury, infection or something else. Go to an ER or Urgent Care ... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marius Frasie
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
TAP: A needle is introduced in knee joint and fluid is drawn out. Very simple procedure.
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Rest: Rest, ice and elevate as much as possible.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 41 years experience
Go to Dr.: Try elastic support either with knee elastic brace or wrapping with ace bandages, but most likely you need aspiration of the fluid with a needle/ syri... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Baker's Cyst: I believe you are referring to a Baker׳s cyst which is normally located behind the knee
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See your doctor: Your doctor can examine your knee to determine what is causing the pain and swelling . You may need an xray. Once the cause is determined the doctor c... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Go see your doctor: But first, there's supposed to be fluid in your knee. Synovial fluid acts as a shock absorber of sorts so you really don't want to get rid of it. Seco... Read More
A 55-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
See answer: Start with rice-rest/ice/compression/elevation, and if the fluid/swelling does not resolve, than you need to see a dr. For an evaluation and possible ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership