Top answers from doctors based on your search:

does thrush go away on its own

Dr. Nick Debnath
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
It can: It may upon discontinuation of the steroid, but many thrush cases are relieved sooner by topical or oral antifungal medications.

Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
NO: requires antifungal therapy.
Dr. Michael Kuglitsch
41 years experience Urology
1
Dr. Johnny Roy
59 years experience Urology
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
57 years experience Allergy and Immunology
25 years experience Psychiatry
It is best to treat: the thrush. Once in a while it will resolve if the causes are corrected - but I would NOT rely on this.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
2
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Be seen: You need to have a thorough history and physical and perhaps some lab work...
Dr. Oscar Novick
58 years experience Pediatrics
Gentian violet: If you've tried everything, consult a dermatologist. He can always paint your mouth out with gentian violet.
Dr. Tanya Russo
25 years experience Pediatrics
Check immunity: If oral thrush persists despite appropriate antifungals taken as prescribed, it's time for an evaluation of your immune system.
Dr. Alexander Gorup
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Treated?: If treated, days to weeks.