Top answers from doctors based on your search:

cough feel like something in throat

A member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. Your condition can not be diagnosed via this format. However, it does make one wonder about possible post nasal drip. Even if not dangerous, th ... Read More
2 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience Endocrinology
Many symptoms: If you already have a primary doctor you must contact her/him as soon as possible. If you do not have a primary doctor please go to the nearest Emerge ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Cynthia Villacis
21 years experience Family Medicine
Post-nasal drip: The feeling of something draining in throat is usually caused by post-nasal drip. That can be caused by either a sinus infection or allergies or a com ... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sue Ferranti
28 years experience Internal Medicine
ENT Doc.....: You should see an ears/nose/throat doctor. An ENT doctor can look into your throat with a small, flexible scope and remove a foreign body, if present, ... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Sore throat: This could be infection (viral vs. Strep most likely), allergy, dryness from mouth breathing, and a few other things. If nothing else is going on you ... Read More
1 thank
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
37 years experience Internal Medicine
I suspect anxiety: , psychosomatic illness. Continue taking your current meds. Ask your dr if Robitussin-DM and/or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) might help with your conges ... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
54 years experience Internal Medicine
Subacute thyroiditis: This condition imitates a lot of other things but it is harmless, except that it lasts for months, ibex.
A male asked:
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
24 years experience Ophthalmology
Choking : Drink plenty of water and see if any food allergy started thx symptom. See MD if persists.
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience Gastroenterology
Swallowing trouble?: Swallowing trouble can reflect problems when moving food from mouth to upper esophagus (tranfer dysphagia) or when moving food down the esophagus (tra ... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
31 years experience Internal Medicine
Most likely you have: Inflammation of the upper airway involving the larynx particularly if it involve change in the voice . Causes are mainly viral infection.
1 thank
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Christopher Schmidt
36 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
LPR / GERD: Likely this, could be other things however, advise to follow with a specialist for this.
1 thank
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Escobar
8 years experience Family Medicine
It can: It can, but so can strep throat or tonsillitis.
A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ryan Phasouk
17 years experience Family Medicine
Phlegm that is stuck: A "tickle" cough can be a sign of post nasal drainage. Mucous specific syrups or tablets are readily available. Decongestant medicines can help if th ... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Woods
27 years experience Pathology
Can be asthma, etc.: It depends on the circumstances and setting in which these attacks occur. They might be panic attacks, where part of the therapy is to breathe into a ... Read More
1 thank
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lonnie Smith
38 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Possible Reflux: It is possible reflux disease. The symptoms you describe fit with that diagnosis. You should see your physician.
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Harinder Gill
38 years experience Cardiology
Chest discomfort : Though atypical a cardiac cause maybe present,seek attention immediately
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience Family Medicine
Possibly: It could be reflux. If it persists, see your family doctor.
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jack Rubin
47 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
Throat problems: Your problems sound as if you need to see a ENT physician. You need to have your throat, lower esophagus, vocal cords and sinuses evaluated to see if ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience Gastroenterology
Globus sensation?: Sounds like you experience the feeling of a ball or lump in the back of your throat that you have to swallow past? If so, this is "globus." alternati ... Read More
4 thanks
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
39 years experience Clinical Psychology
Throat: You need to see your doctor. He/she may refer you for tests to make sure nothing is blocked. After medical conditions are ruled out consider anxiety ... Read More
1 thank
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Post nasal drip: It seems you have post nasal drip and other symptoms that can be related to a cold or nasal allergies. You do not mention how long you have had this c ... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Yes: you can keep doing those nasal washes to clear your nasal passages and drain your congested sinuses, but if that doesn't work you need to see your doc ... Read More
1 thank
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
LPR vs GERD: Could be laryngopharyngeal reflux vs GERD. See MD.
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kristin Sokol
11 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Possibly: Only way to truly know if you have strep is get your throat swabbed and cultured by physician or nurse. Can go to primary care or urgent care. Could b ... Read More
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits