U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:


A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
Yes: Candida occurs when the normal bacteria are absent and these " opportunistic" infections occur. You would need to take an antifungal medication I wou... Read More
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Be discerning: Skin and mucosal candida is easily managed with topical agents. Deep candida infections are seen in very sick people. If you've self-diagnosed "system... Read More
A 21-year-old member asked:
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Internal Medicine 17 years experience
Type of yeast: Candida is the scientific name for a group of yeasts. There are sub types like albicans, glabrata and more. Yeasts are a type of fungus. So in other w... Read More
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Infectious Disease 50 years experience
Candida, : Most commonly candida albicans, is a yeast found in the oral, gi, and vaginal tract.
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
The first line: Is topical or systemic azole medication.
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Vaginal?: Yeast can present with clumpy, white vaginal discharge to a watery, white discharge. Sometimes a discharge is not apparent. There is no odor. It can c... Read More
A 72-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
It is not: Please forgive my frankness. Even if you have self-diagnosed "candida" based on something you have read, if you are actually symptomatic (i.e., you la... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Nothing is always: Yeast infections are commonly diagnosed clinically without the need for swabs, the effectiveness of which are influenced by the type of material in th... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Med eval: Symptoms of a yeast infection may include: burning, redness & itching of the vulva; burning with urination & vaginal intercourse & a clumpy, white, va... Read More
A 79-year-old male asked:
Dr. Viren Sawant
21 years experience
Fungal infection: depending on the location and the treatment being used
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 24 years experience
Candida are yeast: These are a whole class of fungi that grow as 'yeast'. They can cause disease in certain situations. Usually those patients have some sort of underlyi... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
In the case: Of vaginal often can be treated with topical drug. A short course of Fluconazole also very effective.

People also searched for:

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership