U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can you use aquaphor around the anus

A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Benjamin Dancygier
Pediatric Dentistry 26 years experience
Ingrown hair? : It sounds most likely to be an ingrown hair. I'd get it check by a Detmatologist to make sure.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sean O Donovan
Colon and Rectal Surgery 35 years experience
You can touch it: Around, to me, would mean you can touch anus (opening) and the other thing you are concerned with at the same time with the same hand.
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 42 years experience
Not a good idea: Since you don't know what you're treating, it's not good to "shotgun" therapy. Check w/your doctor.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Red rash: A red rash around anus could be caused by an infectious or allergic process. See your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Possible impetigo: Have impetigo from poor hygiene or possibly hives from perfumed toilet paper.
A 58-year-old male asked:
Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. Nir Husanswered
General Surgery 17 years experience
Hemorrhoids. : Hemorrhoids are not in the rectum. They are in the anus and there two major types. External- they hurt. Internals - they donot hurt.
A male asked:
Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctoranswered
46 years experience
Down Periscope!!: Very interesting. I'd like to know how you discovered that little gem...Anyways, it's probably a normal structure, like a sebaceous gland. As long as ... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See your doctor: A doctor would need to examine the rash to make a diagnosis.
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology 32 years experience
?hemorrhoids: Your description doesn't sound like hemorrhoids. Time to see a dermatologist. Possibilities are open comedoes, seborrheic keratosis and others.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership