U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can too much Vitamin d give you hot flashes and night sweats

A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Emily Lu
Dr. Emily Luanswered
Family Medicine 8 years experience
No: Vitamin d regulates your body's absorption of calcium, so too much vitamin d will lead to hypercalcemia or too much calcium in your blood. Hypercalcem... Read More
Dr. Robert Stuart
A Verified Doctoranswered
46 years experience
No: Excessive doses of some b vitamins (niacin) can cause what is called flushing which can cause night sweats and hot flashes.
A female asked:
Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 32 years experience
Calories: Ensure and boost are good sources of extra calories, but ou must also eat plenty of good quality food on a balanced diet. Sounds like you're already s... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Internal Medicine 58 years experience
Thyroid nodule: Doesn't sound like mold. Check thyoid function and treat if required. Check nodule with ultrasound and may need biopsy. Check and treat low vit d if b... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Julian Bennett
Internal Medicine 23 years experience
Concerning: Your symptoms are concerning for a number of possible illnesses, and definitely needs to be worked up urgently. I would be most concerned for a possib... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - rheumatology 22 years experience
Could have autoimmun: You could have an autoimmune disease based on some of the symptoms that are reporting. If you are not already seeing a rheumatologist, talk to your p... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Not typical: Need more detailed description of symptoms. Where are the headaches, are they constant, how severe, what relieves them, etc. Are you having fever, w... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
See doctor: Your symptoms need evaluation to rule out early ovarian failure. Your description fits menopausal symptoms. It would be prudent to see your gynecologi... Read More
A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Hormonal changes: If your weight loss was rapid then you are likely decreasing your amount of circulating Estrogen. Fat cells secrete Estrogen. Losing the fat decreases... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yun Tran
Dr. Yun Trananswered
Family Medicine 17 years experience
See a doctor: You should definitely see your gynecologist to discuss this and get some testing done.
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Go see your doctor: You didn't mention how you're taking your birth control pills or which brand you're taking but presumably you're having monthly periods. So ask your d... Read More