U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can an ear infection kill you

A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See a doctor: Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant and will not treat infection if that is the issue. The pain may be due to pressure built up in the middle ear and P... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Sure. Dr. can check.: Throat pain can be from a strep throat infection (antibiotics needed), a cold or influenza (antibiotics usually not used), or from some other cause su... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Edwards
Pediatrics 28 years experience
Pain, fever: Ear pain with fever are most common signs of what people refer to as "an ear infection" aka "acute otitis media" pain can be worse with laying down... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kathleen Mullane
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
Ear infection?: First you need to know if it is a real ear infection. This requires professional to examine the ear. If the infection is in the external ear canal i... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Doxycycline: Not the drug of choice for a middle ear infection.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Magalie Nelson
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric 22 years experience
Symptom ear infectio: Babies with ear infections may have fever, ear pain (tug at ears), ear drainage, irritability. Sometimes they may have very little to no symptoms an... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Pediatrics 37 years experience
Please see his: doctor. You can give him acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the pain, if he has no medical contraindication to doing so meanwhile, but the only way to tel... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
To determine: type of ear infection - recommend medical evaluation. It isn't something that you would automatically be able to self diagnose by listing sx's. Take ... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology, Neuropsychology 33 years experience
See a doc: This can be very painful. Seeing a doctor for assessment and possible treatment antibiotics or steroids would be the best thing to do in such a case... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Adam King
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 16 years experience
Yes: It may hurt a but with movement, but exercise is fine. You may want to take something like Ibuprofen 1 hour prior to working out.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership