U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Calluses on finger joints

A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Callous PIP finger: I would suspect using something like scissors in your work or hobby. Can do 2nd opinion and you can send pictures and we can talk to figure out what i... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Levens
Plastic Surgery 40 years experience
Many possibilities: Joint swelling is a sign of inflammation. If chronic , it can be related to a systemic cause such as autoimmune disorders (lupus), or age-related dege... Read More
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Arthritis: Arthritis in some form is a common cause. The bumps on the distal joints near the nails are called hebreden's nodes and the ones near the pip or middl... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Douglas Chang
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 22 years experience
Could be a few thing: 40 yrs is a bit young for oa... But here's a start: http://www.Cedars-sinai.Edu/patients/health-conditions/osteoarthritis.Aspx.
A 73-year-old male asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
Trigger fingers: Locking fingers in flexion as in making a fist r due 2 flexor tendons that have some swelling ; when they pass under the pulleys that guide ur tendons... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
Get it evaluated: You really need to have it evaluated to determine the cause and the treatment options. See a rheumatologist.
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Therapy: Depending upon the cause of the stiffness, you might need to see an occupational therapist. They work with problems of the hand. You might have a trig... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Plastic Surgery 43 years experience
It depends: First, your doctor needs to diagnose what is causing the swelling. There can be many causes and each one requires a different treatment. If it is ca... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
I am not sure: The study of 300 people how cracks there fingers, -cracking was not associated with arthritis, it was associated with damage to ligaments that surroun... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 48 years experience
I just counted: There are 3 joints: closer to the hand, the next one called proximal interphalangeal joint, then there is the one near the fingernail, the distal inte... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 19 years experience
See dermatologist: If you have a skin rash that is persistent i would recommend seeing a dermatologist.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership