U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Boil on big toe

A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Infected blister: Do not cut or squeeze open this yourself. Applying Neopspin Ointment and cover with a sterile bandage, then cover with a clean white cotton sock.
A 40-year-old male asked:
Dr. Fred Birnbaum
Podiatry 44 years experience
Dermatitis: It sounds more like a skin reaction or inflammation- possibly an allergic reaction. See your local podiatrist for diagnostic evaluation and treatment.
Dr. Joseph Newman
Podiatry 33 years experience
See a podiatrist: Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, tinea infections, dyshidrosis can demonstrate an appearance consistent with what you described. Have a doctor diagnosis... Read More
A 40-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 30 years experience
Would: See a podiatrist and your regular medical doctor. Make sure you are tested for diabetes, not just treated for this.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
1 cm deep whole on: Your foot. Please promptly see your physician or your podiatrist. This doesn't sound too normal.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
A boil can occur: Anywhere there is hair growth. It is a bacterial infection that develops by the hair follicle. In my practice, i tend to see them on a foot from peopl... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
Athlete's : Athlete's foot is a fungal infection that typically cause dry, scaling, red, and cracked feet that are usually very itchy. If you have "boils" on your... Read More
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Get it treated.: The bottom the foot is no place to have an open wound. Cellulitis and infection are easily obtained. The best thing to do is have the wound treated by... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See a doctor: Without seeing this it is impossible to accurately diagnose. You could either have some clotting disorder promoting bleeding, the "boil" could have er... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
Incise & drain: The definitive treatment for a boil is incision and drainage. Try soaking the foot in hot water to see if it will drain on its own. If not, it will ha... Read More
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
Possibly.: If you have a boil, and the surrounding skin is swollen, you probably need to have it drained, cultured, and treated with an antibiotic. See your doct... Read More
A 53-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
Unusual place: For a boil. It could be infected insect bite or injury. If you are diabetic or have circulation problems, this could be serious. I would not avoid ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership