How can I prevent anemia?

Diet and periods. The most common reason for a woman to be anemic is loss of blood during her periods. If your anemia is severe or if you are unable to improve your anemia with diet and iron supplements, you can consider several safe ways to decrease the amount of blood you lose with your periods. Birth control pills, depoprovera and the Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD are some ways.
Healthy diet. Sources of iron - egg yolk, molasses, raisin bran, raisins, prunes, dried apricots, figs, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, lentils, split green peas, enriched cereals, enriched macaroni, spinach, greens, broccoli, lima beans, avocado. Cook in a cast iron pan. The following foods can help your body absorb iron better: orange, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapefruit, broccoli, brussels sprouts.
Diet and Iron. Most cases of anemia are caused by iron deficiency. It is important to increase you stores of iron. Taking an iron supplement can help. Here are some foods rich in iron you may want to add to your diet: meat, chicken, fish, eggs, beans, dark green leafy vegetables. For more information click here: http://macobgyn. Com/drpl/node/69.